vern jensen phonev6@gmail.com

Sep 20, 2026, 12:06 PM (7 days ago)
to Cason
Today was zone conference pday so I get another pday this week. Right now I am
 in Roi Et which is a 
different province than my current area Yasothan. At zone conference I went on an
 exchange with 
Elder Lowry and one of the members in the ward named Deekay, and had some 
really spiritual 
experiences and miracles I want to share with you guys. Buckle up this is gonna 
be a long email 
because tonight was incredible.

To start off we said a prayer, we said a lot of these tonight, probably over 30. Each
 of the 3 us said a 
prayer and then we studied our favorite scriptures and made a game plan for the 
finding. The member
 shared 2 Nephi 22:2 “Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for
 the Lord Jehovah
 is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation.” And I shared my
 favorite verse
 1 Nephi 4:6 “And I was led by the Spirit, not knowing beforehand the things which I should do.” And
 then we planned that we would go to the city trying to be guided by the spirit. CASON, I LIVE BY THIS
 SCRIPTURE EVERYDAY!!! WELL AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK. . . NO ONE USES THAT SCRIPTURE!  
WE MUST HAVE COME FROM THE SAME MOTHER IN HEAVEN!!!   HA  

As soon as we turned the block from the church we met Arm, he was a student at the school close by 
and had seen our church a lot and members walking in on Sundays because he lived nearby. We taught
 him about the godhead and about reading the book of mormon and praying to see if it was true. I 
shared with him my favorite scripture, 1 Nephi 4:6 to tell him how the holy ghost guides us and it really
 helped him understand the holy ghost and how he works. We also taught him how to pray and invited 
him to say a prayer. He did and the spirit was so strong, then went on his way saying he was gonna
 come to english class and church because he could feel the spirit and that he felt really good when he
 prayed. 

While this was happening it started raining really hard so a family pulled over under the same roof we
 were talking under, and it was like god sent them right to us. We went and talked to them but they 
couldn't hear us because the rain landing on the metal roof was so loud so I said a prayer that the 
rain would slow and we could talk to them.TEARS Right after that the rain slowed to a halt and we 
talked to them about life and where we were from and stuff but then they started to leave becuase the 
rain was gone. So we hurried and got the families phone number and invited them to come to English 
class this week. BBL-big belly laugh I had already given out a book of mormon to arm so I was down 
to 1 and was prompted to hold onto the book of Mormon instead of give to them. I said “if they actually 
want a book of mormon they will come to English class and so instead of trying to force it on them we 
said a prayer of gratitude for the people that we met so far and that they would come to English class 
and learn because they seemed interested. When we opened our eyes, Elder Lowry got a text from 
the family wondering the address and when the time of English class was.  YES!!!

As soon as we read that text a guy stopped on his bike and say hi to us. It was like god delivered 
another person to us for us to teach. He said he had been taught before by the missionaries and 
said he loved Jehovah, what a crazy miracle that the scripture that Deekay had shared had Jehovah 
in it too. We flipped immediately and read it with him, after teaching about it for a second we told him 
we wanted to sing a hymn with him becuase the verse says Jehovah is the “strength and song”. 
The song was very spiritual and we talked a little longer, and during that time he stated he didn't
need a book or mormon because he had the Bible. But when he reached over to look at someone's 
phone I saw an opening in his bag and quickly slid a Book of Mormon into his satchel. BOLD FOR JC.
 SNEAKY FOR JC.  It was maybe the smoothest thing I've ever done, hopefully he reads it.

Next we said a prayer for guidance on where to go next, and we headed toward the big tower in the 
middle of the city because Deekay suggested it. In the city we looked around for people to talk to and
 after a few people ignoring us we walked over to a dude and a lady who were talking. When they saw
 us they looked away and tried to avoid us but we walked up anyway. We started talking to them and
they actually ended up being super interested and we taught them about the godhead and how to pray.
 It was a really cool experience and they said they wanted to see us again sometime. God delivered 
us another miracle.

We said a quick prayer of thanks and asked where to go next. We then felt the urge to go talk to a 
couple of girls sitting on a bench by the lake. Elder Lowry had me teach solo on this one, and they
 actually understood me.!!! I first asked them some questions about themselves and it eventually 
led into me teaching who we are and why me and my companion left the United States to teach the
 gospel. I told them because I know its true and I want everyone to know. So they said they wanted to
 know more. I taught them about the godhead, and how to pray, and what the holy spirit feels like. 
Then I read 1 Nephi 4:6 again. Pretty cool that the scripture we read at the start got used time after time
today. They actually understood me and I could feel the spirit so strong when I was testifying of the truth
 of this gospel. I gave them a book of mormon and then more people started coming up to talk to us 
and asking who we were and said they'd seen people dressed up like us before. HAVE YOU HEARD
 OF A SEED CRYSTAL, OR A CATALYST?  IT WAS LIKE TALKING TO THOSE GIRLS MADE
 OTHERS FEEL SAFE ENOUGH TO TALK TO YOU AS WELL!!!  C&T (CHILLS AND THRILLS)  
First a TikTok lady, then a Thai Soldier, then a Teenager, and then a runner. God was sending person
 after person, miracle after miracle to learn from us today. We taught all of them and then our time was
 up. We said a prayer of thankfulness for being led by the spirit and headed back to the house. YOU
 NEVER SAT DOWN IN A HOUSE TO TEACH. . . LOOK AT ALL THOSE CONTACTS. TYHF   I know 
God is watching out for everyone and I encourage all of you to pray to be led by the spirit as you go
 throughout your days. Today was insane and I know this church is true.

If you made it this far you the goat, sorry this email was so long but I needed to share these miracles 
with you guys. Love you all and go look look at my photo album for pictures of all
image.pngMARVELOUS BB/WB writing!  Your artistry is coming through Cason.  I am an expert bb writer!!!  

Sunday morning. Thank you for sharing. This was absolutely wonderful!!! 

What courage!
What prayer!
What action/movement/doing!
What documentation!
What attention to detail!  (Robert taught his deacons: the details make the story.)
What credit to God!
What a rainstorm!
What noise!
We even dare to talk to girls.
English to the rescue!
Wild province names!
You own your scripture!
So fun!
--
vern
live and learn
life is good
I am blessed
onward and upward

Barbara Wilburn

Sep 21, 2026, 9:49 AM (6 days ago)
to me
Thanks for sharing! I was exhausted just reading all they did that day. They are casting a wide net. The more people they talk to the higher the possibility of one actually listening and joining. Good work! And he loves YOUR scripture! So fun!!

On Sep 20, 2026, at 12:08 PM, vern jensen <phonev6@gmail.com> wrote:


My head feels lost in a time warp. Bit cloudy/foggy brained. But sentence by sentence I enjoyed this letter as you can see.